Destine Book Trailer

Destine Synopsis

Michelle Cross is an average, seventeen year old girl growing up in a small town in New Jersey. Up until her senior year, her life has consisted of a rather unglamorous existence, until a handsome new boy finds her at school. Little by little Michelle’s world is turned upside down. The new boy claims to be the Archangel Gabriel cast from heaven, her best friend falls for the Antichrist, and come to find out Michelle’s mother has seen it coming all along. So instead of being consumed with prom and graduation, Michelle finds herself battling the evils of Hell in her small town. Can Michelle stop the powers of Hell in time? Can love bridge the world between heaven and earth? Michelle and Gabriel find themselves the pawns in a very dangerous game between an ancient power with a mysterious message and Satan himself. Sometimes your Destiny finds you...

Monday, December 10, 2012



Wow, that’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard ... since the last time you opened your mouth. And if you knew my mother you’d know just how crazy that is. I’m outta here.” I stood up and began storming off towards the parking lot. I had had enough. No way was I going to sit there and listen to his crazy shit. If I wanted crazy, I would go home. 

“Your mother sees your destiny. She knows the truth. Haven’t you ever wondered what she sees?” he shouted after me. “I’m the one who told her about your destiny!”

I expected him to follow me, to try to convince me he wasn’t crazy, but when I got to the parking lot and glanced back I could just make out his outline standing by the soccer field watching me leave.

Chapter 6

Daniel 8; 16: “And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.”

All the way home all I could think about was that it figured, a boy who seemed interested in me would turn out to be a total nut. I should have seen this coming, all the signs pointed to him being totally weird. As I walked onto my block and my house started coming into view, I began thinking about what he had shouted at me. “Your mother knows the truth.” He didn’t even know my mother, as far as I knew they had never met.

Then I began thinking about what Dad had said. About Mom seeing things trying to get me, but not just things, angels and demons. Dad said her hallucinations made her believe these things were trying to use me or hurt me. How would Gabriel know about that? I didn’t even know that her hallucinations were of angels and demons until Dad had said something earlier tonight. The only logical explanation was that he was some kind of crazed stalker who had done his research, looked through her medical records somehow or whatever. All I knew for sure is that when a crazed stalker is your most logical explanation you’re in some deep shit. I hated to bust his bubble, but I was hardly worth all the effort. Of course, didn’t cults and kidnappers target social outcasts? Still seemed like a lot of research for just little ole me.

When I finally reached my front door I resigned myself to not think about this anymore tonight. I was exhausted. It had been a terrible week at school with the whole Cami problem, and the excitement I had felt about meeting Gabriel was replaced by mental exhaustion now that I knew he was a nut. I slipped in the back door, expecting Dad to already be asleep, and hopefully Mom would be, too. I threw my jacket over a chair in the kitchen and was going to slip through the living room to my bedroom when I noticed the television was still on. I went into the living room to turn it off, and that’s when I noticed my mother was still up. She was usually in bed by now. I walked over and switched off the TV and was about to help her to bed when she shot off the couch.

“He told you!” she shouted. “It’s starting. The trumpet is sounding, truth is upon us, and the Judgment Day nears!” She caught me so off guard that I stumbled backwards and almost landed square on my butt. The racket must have woken Dad up because I saw a light come on down the hall. “The first seal is broken, the white horse is here. Protect yourself!”

“Mom, Mom! Calm down, it’s just me, Michelle. I was going to help you to bed,” I attempted to calm her down.

Just then Dad appeared at the end of the hall. “What are you still doing up, hon?” he asked. He put his arm around her shoulders and began to steer her towards the bedroom.

She jerked out of his grasp and turned back to me. “Wear your necklace, it’s protection. Don’t remove it!” And just like that she turned back around and let my father lead her to bed without another word. Dad glanced behind her and gave me an apologetic, sad smile. I took several deep breaths to calm my racing heart and turned to head to bed myself. Something told me I wasn’t going to be able to forget about Gabriel or my mother, and I probably wouldn’t be getting much sleep tonight either.

I finally fell into a restless sleep around four a.m. The dream started well enough.  I was on the school football field, the stadium lights were on the field, but the bleachers and surrounding areas were black with night.  I was standing on the fifty- yard line alone, as if I was waiting for someone. 

(The secret word is Dream!) 



1 comment: